Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carrie update - sorry no pictures!

Just wanted to let everyone know what I have been up to. Many of you know that I have a student teacher this year and have been enjoying working with her and having some time to organize my desk and do some reading that I have been putting off. And, I have been able to keep up on my blog too. However, my "extra" time will be coming to an end as of Friday. I will begin teaching English for three weeks until the end of the school trimester. It is a long story as to the why and I won't go into that here. I am also working to get my Language Arts endorsement so that I can teach both subjects and be "Highly Qualified" according to NCLB. I will be taking the first of two tests in November and the second in January. Wish me luck! And, now I get to read "Of Mice and Men", "House on Mango Street", and "Speak" with 9th and 10th graders.

No comments: