Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chores! Is it a dirty word?
Cayden has had chores since he was very little. Now that he is seven his responsibilities have increased. He does the following chores around here regularly: putting away his clean clothes, emptying the dryer of clothes, putting clothes into the dryer from the washer, emptying the silverware from the dishwasher, cleaning his own room (which he hates), and feeding the animals on occasion. However, on this one occasion he also GOT (yep, GOT) to vacuum. If you can look closely at the picture you can see he is scowling at me because he was mad at me.
Me: "Cayden, I am going to vacuum in a minute but I need you to pick up your toys"
Cayden: "In a minute mom"
Me: Waiting.... waiting....waiting..... "CAYDEN ANDREW"
Cayden: well practiced eye roll
Me: "Thanks for picking up your toys and vacuuming"
Cayden: "But mom" or, at least I assume this is what he said because I was headed out of the room

He did vacuum and I was proud of the job he did.


No comments: