Friday, June 18, 2010

Cayden Strikes Again

A little background is required for this story:

We have an amazing babysitter, Corey, who has been with us for 4 years. She graduated this year and will be moving away to go to college. The other night she was over babysitting and Cayden asked her why she wouldn't be babysitting anymore.

Corey: I am going to college
Cayden: Why? What will you do there?
Corey: I am going to study to be a history teacher like your mom (see why I love her?)
Cayden: Oh, I thought you were going to do something more important than that.

What?!? However, yesterday, Cayden had his dear friend Hogan over and I happened to walk in the kitchen while they were eating lunch.

Cayden: Mom, was it the Cuban Missile Crisis when the bombs left the shadows of the people burned on the walls?
Me: (beaming proudly - I mean these two 7 years are discussing history over sloppy joes) No, that was the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan at the end of WWII.
Cayden to Hogan: I told you so.

And, finally, today Cayden told me that he wanted to be either "a marine biologist, the President, or the World's Best Basketball Player because that doesn't require a lot of college."

This is what summer brings at my household!

No comments: