Monday, August 23, 2010

My ride

Cindy on Ty
Cindy's horse Ty (she was not happy with him)

Some of the others in the group


Cindy and Macee (Macee took a face plant and never recovered her pretty hair)



Jeremy with Macee riding Pearl




Stein's Pillar (our destination)



I love riding horses and have since I was a kid. If you asked my mom she might tell you I was obsessed for a time. I believe part of my desire stemmed from never having a big yard growing up and living in the city. In the summer when I went to Illinois I would love to ride and my grandpa would take me to Kankakee and let me ride the horses (even though it was overpriced and it meant he had to get on a horse too). When we moved to Oregon we met Jeremy and Cindy who have a farm and HORSES that they actually ride. I have been lucky enough to go with them a couple of times and have the sore butt to prove it. This last weekend I got to go with them on a ride to Stein's Pillar in the Ochocos. It was a pretty technical ride (for a beginner) but I was sitting atop trusty Tulsa. The only time I got off the horse was to descend the stairs. Everyone assured me that she would be fine but I don't ride enough to do stairs on horseback.

No comments: