Thursday, October 14, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

As we were flying cross country it happened AGAIN. I realized that I HATE flying. I tell Cayden not to use that word because it is an ugly word and should only apply to the worst things but in this case I will use that "H" word because flying makes me physically ill. I can't ever eat the day I fly because my stomach is so tied up in knots it just makes me feel like vomitting. The older I have gotten the worse I feel. I flew in airplanes from the time I was young. I would even fly by myself a couple times a year. Now, any bumps or "weird" sounds and I instantly have tears. Thankfully for my children my husband is cool and collected about flying. Unfortunately for me he thinks my fear is silly and does his best to support me while giggling at my death grip on take off and descent. And, believe me, if I weren't traveling with my children I would certainly drug myself for my flight. Someday they will be older and won't mind having their mom in a drug induced sleep for the entire flight... those will be the days. I don't think I will ever be one of those people who is so afraid that I will REFUSE air travel but I certainly understand their fears.

No comments: