Thursday, December 29, 2011

Here I am again

After being gently reminded by my mom that my blog had not been updated in awhile I decided to get back on here. But, to be honest, I got carried away looking at the updates on my friends' blogs and alas, no updates for me when I sat down to do it. Currently I am sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by Christmas decorations that need to be boxed up. Bryce is sitting VERY CLOSE to me as well chattering with me nonstop. I guess this is why I don't blog like I should... there is always something else (or someone else) that needs my attention. I guess it is also like when you have a friend or relative that you don't call because you are waiting for the "perfect time" (when there is total quiet and the laundry is done and the house is sparkling - so never). It gets to be that there is never the "perfect time" but it gets to be so long that you don't pick up the phone at all. Am I the only one who has that happen? To make a long story... well... longer... that is what happened with this blog. It was never the perfect time to sit and write and the longer I stayed away the easier it was to avoid.

I do think about my blog and I think about what I can write. Most of the time I think about it in the car or while I'm teaching or sitting at Jeff's basketball games. Now that I am sitting I don't remember all the great things I was supposed to blog about. I didn't stop to write down the cute things Bryce says or the awesome accomplishments of Cayden or how piano lessons brought me to tears but I am sticking with it. I didn't write down that Jeff bought a new (used) truck one day while he stayed home with Bryce when Bryce was sick. I didn't write about how thankful we were to have Jeff's parents here at Thanksgiving or about so many other things. Where do I start? What do I leave out? I have never really suffered from Writer's Block (maybe because I'm not a "writer" ha ha) so this is new for me. I'm not sure if I can do this today at all but I will try.

No comments: