Monday, April 9, 2012




Our amazing friend Erin brought the boys a surprise at the beginning of Spring Break - College Gear.  I had them sit down and write thank yous tonight (I kind of was a slacker after their birthdays). Bryce wanted to use his Easter present which is a "Thumb Doodle" book.  It is a craft type book that has small ink pads and gives directions how to make animals and pictures using finger prints.  It also came with a black pen to add the details.  I worried that it would be too difficult for Bryce so I was hovering and thinking he might need my help but as it turns out he did just fine.  In fact his end product made me laugh out loud.  The top picture was the direction/sample page and the bottom was what Bryce did 100% by himself (except for the writing on the bottom left).  The picture includes octopus (with 6 legs), a jellyfish, some fish, a scuba diver.  My favorite is the octopus with SUPER long legs.  Also notice that he spelled his name backwards which he said "is okay, right?".  

No comments: