Thursday, February 4, 2010

An Update on Bryce

It is 2am and for once Bryce is sleeping and I am not. I think we finally figured out how to get Bryce to stay in his bedroom and go to sleep at a decent hour. Unfortunately for my in-laws, they had to witness this new method. A method which, by the way, I swore I would never do. I stood outside his bedroom door and held the handle so he couldn't come back out. It worked with so little crying I was actually mad at myself for not trying it weeks, and many short walks, ago. Each night Bryce gets his normal two stories in the rocking chair. Then, I leave. Usually, he decides to stay in the chair with lots of books and the "light on and music off". Sometimes, Winnie the Pooh gets to accompany him. Normally what happens is this:
5-10 minutes of "reading"
1 minute of seeing if he can get out to the living room
2 minutes of climbing into his bed with his "b" and "fi" and going to sleep.
10 minutes of mom and dad holding their breath to make sure that it is really true.
BIG SIGH

No comments: