Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

Today was a beautiful day inside and out. Jeff and the boys surprised me yesterday with new blinds for the "desk room". I have been wanting to get rid of the ugly dysfunctional ones that have been there forever. Thanks guys! Every Mother's Day I think about how lucky I am to have the "mothers" in my life that I have. They have given me love and comfort and joy throughout the years. (Sorry mom about all the times I might have been snotty with you - I'm sure it was only once or twice).
Thank you to:
My mom - you made a ton of sacrifices in your life for me and it took me becoming a mother before I could fully appreciate that. I love you.

My sister - oh how you mothered me. Thank you. There are no words to say what I feel about you (and sorry about screaming "I hate you" when you tried to boss me around).

My stepmom - you love my dad and have supported me through the years. Although I didn't grow up living with you I knew you I could count on you for so much.

My grandmas - I knew some better than others but you gave me my history. You spoiled me in ways I never thanked you for. Your greatest desire was to protect me and I was a dumb teenager and couldn't understand that. Your independence is a legacy.

My mother-in-law - thank you for treating me like family instantly. You have never hesitated to help me or listen to my rantings and ravings... and, you throw a great party even when there is no special occasion :)

My "grandmas through marriage" - your longevity and spunk remain in my mind. Your love for my husband has had a huge impact on my life. Thank you specifically for noisy Christmas presents and cherry pie. You both are/were amazing to us all.

I appreciate all of you on Mother's Day!

No comments: