Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Grandpa works at the grocery store...

Sometimes when we hike we play a game titled "My grandpa works at the grocery store..." and it goes something like this:  One person begins and says "my grandpa works at the grocery store and in that grocery store he sells something yellow and square."  Then, everyone else guesses or asks for another clue until we figure it out.  It is fun and often helps with the whining of the youngest member of the group.  As we were hiking on our camping trip I started a game and it often morphs into "my sister works at a zoo" or "my mom goes on a safari" etc,  Bryce likes to play but doesn't always "get it".  Here were some of his:

1.  My grandpa works at the zoo and takes care of animals that are brown and white and live in the water during the day and on land at night.  Keep in mind I had just gotten done with one about hippos (who live in water during the day and on land and night) and Cayden had just finished one about meerkats (who are brown).  We guessed and we guessed and we guessed and kept asking for more clues. 

Extra clue #1:  They live where it's cold.
Our guesses:  Walrus, seal, bear.  No, no, and double no.

Extra clue #2:  They have big bellies.
Our guesses:  Kangaroo (we were desperate), bears (again), sea lions.  No, no, and no. 

Finally, we gave up and his answer was A PENGUIN!  Cayden and I told him that penguins aren't brown and his response was that "it is a SPECIAL kind of penguin."  Ah, yes, we should've known.

The next round Bryce's clues were 1.  a grocery store, brown, with a hole in it.  (I had just done cheerios and Cayden had just done donuts).  After guessing for a while we gave up and the answer was a "brown orange".  Duh. 

No comments: